Thursday, May 21, 2009

Week 8 Thing 18 Online Productivity Tools

I explored both Zoho and Google Docs and found both of them interesting and fun to use. I have two primary concerns about online documents, though. The first one is that if the server goes down you are without access to your documents. Because of this I would probably back up my work anyway. The other concern is how secure are the materials online. How easy is it for someone else to access the work. Do I really need to worry about this? I don't know.
I looked at the presentation tools on Google Docs. There is a nice selection of templates to choose from to work on different projects. I began a baby album for my sister's first grandchild. It is easy to use and is fascinating how all of the elements on the pages can be moved around or deleted if you do not want them. I copied pictures of the baby from my sister's baby blog, added text, then arranged them on the pages. I then added my sister as a collaborator, then e-mailed the album to her. Now she can add add any pictures and can continue to create the online album. Neat! Can't wait to explore further when I have more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment