Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 9 Thing 23 Program Summarization

I have completed the 23 things. There is no way I wanted to be thinking about this during the summer. My goal was to complete this program before the end of the year. So, after many late nights (and many more later nights) I have arrived at the finish line.

The program was interesting. It exposed me to many concepts that I would have otherwise been unaware of. At least now when someone speaks of bloglines or RSS feeds I will know what they are talking about.

I definitely found some of the topics more interesting than others. I liked blogging, wikis, you tube, and the online image generators. Some I had no interest in at all. For some topics, I am looking forward to further exploring them and learning how I can use them with students.

To say that each thing can be completed in 20 or 30 minutes is a gross understatement. It took me more time than that just to figure out what I was to do. Then I had to complete the task. Of course, wandering off in various directions with many of the tasks consumed a lot of time. I guess if you are computer savvy, these tasks may only take 20 minutes or so.

The broken links were a distraction. The directions said to go to a particular site but it was no longer available. This was usually no big deal, just a minor glitch.

So now I am finished. Good luck to all of you who are still working.

No comments:

Post a Comment