Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 9 Thing 22 Audio books

Audio books are great for people who travel a lot and may not have time to read a hard copy of a book. I have also talked with people who are listening to audio books while they are walking. They are especially wonderful for those whose have lost the capability to read from a hard copy but still are avid readers. Personally, I like the feel of a book in my hands. Often, I refer back to previous pages to read about a character or a scene and I think it would be difficult to do this with audio books. One slight worry I have is that reading the printed word may decrease with students as more and more books are audio.
One of the things I liked about the e books is the fact that the books automatically expire and you no longer have access to them. You don’t have to worry about returning them to the library yourself. What role will e-books have in the future of school libraries? Will it be more cost effective to use these?

No comments:

Post a Comment